CS/CS/HB 1053: Teacher Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Castor Dentel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bracy ; Fullwood ; Rangel ; Saunders ; Watson, C.
Teacher Education; Revises eligibility criteria for receipt of minority teacher education scholarship; requires Florida Fund for Minority Teachers, Inc., to submit annual report to Legislature relating to scholarship funds & recipients; revises funding for administration & training program carried out by board of directors of Florida Fund for Minority Teachers, Inc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 90
• Referred to Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 346
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 342
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 387
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/14, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 428
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 428
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/10/14, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 506
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 697
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 758
• CS passed; YEAS 90 NAYS 23 -HJ 758
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 706
• Received -SJ 706
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.