CS/CS/HB 1271: Insurer Solvency
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Ingram ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hager
Insurer Solvency; Clarifies that production of documents does not waive attorney client or work-product privileges; revises provisions relating to mandatory control level events; revises provisions relating to insurer's annual statement; revises Standard Valuation Law; revises methods for evaluating valuation of industrial life insurance policies; revises provisions relating to calculating additional premium; requires OIR to value insurer reserves; directs FSC to adopt rules; revises Standard Nonforfeiture Law; revises amount of outstanding voting securities of domestic stock insurer or controlling company which person is prohibited from acquiring; deletes provision authorizing insurer to file disclaimer of affiliation & control in lieu of letter notifying OIR of FSC of acquisition of voting securities of domestic stock company; requires insurer to annually file registration statement by specified date; requires insurer to file annual enterprise risk report; authorizes OIR to assess fees on insurers for certain purposes; applying certain statutes related to solvency to prepaid limited health service organizations & HMOs.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1308 (Ch. 2014-101), CS/CS/SB 1300 (Ch. 2014-100) -HJ 853
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 105
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/19/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 339
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 337
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 335
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/10/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 541
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 537
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 545
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1308 -HJ 853
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1308 (Ch. 2014-101), CS/CS/SB 1300 (Ch. 2014-100) -HJ 853
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.