CS/HB 129: Sinkhole Coverage
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Sinkhole Coverage; Requires Citizens Property Insurance Corporation to submit biannual report on number of residential sinkhole policies requested, issued, & declined & reasons for declining coverage; requires corporation to establish Citizens Sinkhole Stabilization Repair Program for sinkhole claims; prohibits corporation from requiring policyholder to advance payment for stabilization repairs provided under program; provides requirements & procedures for selecting stabilization repair contractors to conduct stabilization repairs; requires stabilization repairs to be conducted pursuant to contract; provides requirements for such contracts; requires policyholder to select contractor from pool within certain time period; specifies additional requirements with respect to program; requires corporation to offer specified deductible amounts for sinkhole loss coverage; requires OPPAGA to conduct study of program & submit report to Governor, CFO, & Legislature; provides severability.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 156
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/03/14, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 4 -HJ 475
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 475
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 470
• Read 2nd time -HJ 496
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 515
• CS passed; YEAS 85 NAYS 25 -HJ 515
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 521
• Received -SJ 521
• Died in Banking and Insurance
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.