SB 162: Offenses Against Unborn Children
GENERAL BILL by Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto ; Flores
Offenses Against Unborn Children; Citing this act as the "Florida Unborn Victims of Violence Act;" providing a rule of construction that a person who engages in conduct that violates any provision of the Florida Criminal Code or of a criminal offense defined by another statute and causes the death of, or bodily injury to, an unborn child commits a separate offense if such an offense is not otherwise specifically provided for; providing for criminal penalties for such an offense, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 59 (Ch. 2014-194) -SJ 580
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/04/13, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 137
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/18/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 137
• Now in Rules -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/26/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -SJ 355
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 355
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/14
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 506
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 580
• Substituted CS/HB 59 -SJ 580
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 59 (Ch. 2014-194) -SJ 580
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.