CS/HB 177: Pub. Rec./Prepaid Wireless E911 Fee
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Fresen
Pub. Rec./Prepaid Wireless E911 Fee; Provides exemption from public records requirements for proprietary confidential business information submitted by wireless service provider to DOR; authorizes department to share such information with Secretary of Management Services & E911 Board; provides for future legislative review & repeal; provides statement of public necessity; provides contingent effective date.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-197, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 175 (Ch. 2014-196)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/08/14, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 152
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 21
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 208
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/20/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 325
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 325
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 354
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 374
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 374
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 378
• Received -SJ 378
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 439
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 439
• Substituted for CS/SB 292 -SJ 439
• Read 2nd time -SJ 439
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 491
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 491
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 628
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-197, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 175 (Ch. 2014-196)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.