CS/SB 220: Florida Civil Rights Act
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Thompson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Joyner ; Clemens ; Sobel
Florida Civil Rights Act; Prohibiting discrimination on the basis of pregnancy in public lodging and food service establishments; prohibiting discrimination with regard to employment benefits; prohibiting discrimination on the basis of pregnancy by labor organizations, joint labor-management committees, and employment agencies; prohibiting discrimination on the basis of pregnancy in occupational licensing, certification, and membership organizations, etc.
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Community Affairs -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 12/09/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/14/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 132
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 26
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/12/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 242
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/20/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 291
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 328
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 328
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.