CS/SB 314: Fireworks
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Brandes
Fireworks; Repealing provisions relating to the testing and approval of sparklers and the registration of manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, and retailers of sparklers; requiring a retailer or seasonal retailer to register annually with the Division of the State Fire Marshal; repealing provisions relating to the sale and use of fireworks; authorizing a county or municipality to regulate the sale and use of fireworks, sparklers, and novelties, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Regulated Industries
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Regulated Industries (RI)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Regulated Industries -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/08/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 32
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 121
• Died in Regulated Industries
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.