CS/SB 444: Workers’ Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Galvano
Workers’ Compensation; Revising powers of the Department of Financial Services relating to compliance with and enforcement of workers’ compensation coverage requirements; revising requirements for the release of stop-work orders; revising rate formulas related to the determination of compensation for disability and death; revising provisions relating to the assessment rate of the Special Disability Trust Fund, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 271 (Ch. 2014-109) -SJ 804
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/14/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/06/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/24/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 698
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 698
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 698
• Read 2nd time -SJ 804
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 271 -SJ 804
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 271 (Ch. 2014-109) -SJ 804
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.