SM 476: Amendments to the Constitution of the United States
MEMORIAL by Hays
Amendments to the Constitution of the United States; Applying to Congress to call a convention for the sole purpose of proposing amendments to the Constitution of the United States which impose fiscal restraints on the Federal Government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the Federal Government, and limit the terms of office for federal officials and members of Congress, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/11/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 137
• Now in Rules -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/20/14, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -SJ 304
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 304
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14 -SJ 335
• Read 2nd time -SJ 389
• Adopted -SJ 389
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 548
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Received -HJ 547
• Substituted for HM 381 -HJ 556
• Read 2nd time -HJ 557
• Adopted -HJ 557
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 528
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.