HB 559: Military Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Corcoran ; Gaetz ; Murphy ; Nunez ; Renuart
Military Veterans; Revises references from Korean Conflict & Vietnam Era to Korean War & Vietnam War, respectively, & from Korean Conflict Veteran to Korean War Veteran; authorizes issuance of Combat Medical Badge license plate; revises references; establishes method of proof of eligibility for certain specialty license plate.
• Referred to Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 02/18/14, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 158
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 47
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 206
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/13/14, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 278
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 279
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 497
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 517
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 518
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Transportation; Appropriations -SJ 523
• Received -SJ 523
• Withdrawn from Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Transportation; Appropriations -SJ 533
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 533
• Substituted for SB 724 -SJ 533
• Read 2nd time -SJ 533
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 611
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 611
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 779
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-63
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.