CS/CS/SB 586: Brownfields
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Environmental Preservation and Conservation ; Altman
Brownfields; Revising legislative intent with regard to community revitalization in certain areas; revising procedures for designation of brownfield areas by local governments; providing procedures for adoption of a resolution; providing requirements for notice and public hearings; authorizing local governments to use a term other than “brownfield area” when naming such areas; providing an exemption from liability for property damage for entities that execute and implement certain brownfield site rehabilitation agreements; providing for applicability, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 325 (Ch. 2014-114) -SJ 791
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Community Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 02/05/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 48
• CS by Environmental Preservation and Conservation read 1st time -SJ 127
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 206
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/14, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/25/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 443
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 444
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 506
• Amendment(s) adopted (278652) -SJ 507
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 507
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 790
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 325 -SJ 791
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 325 (Ch. 2014-114) -SJ 791
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.