CS/CS/SB 588: Offenses Against Vulnerable Persons
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Richter
Offenses Against Vulnerable Persons; Revising when an out-of-court statement by an elderly person or disabled adult is admissible in certain proceedings; deleting a requirement that property of an elderly person or disabled adult be obtained by deception or intimidation in order to constitute exploitation of such a person; creating a presumption that certain inter vivos transfers are a result of exploitation, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 409 (Ch. 2014-200) -SJ 567
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/18/14, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 138
• Introduced -SJ 48
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/31/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 355
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 461
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 460
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 567
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 409 -SJ 567
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 409 (Ch. 2014-200) -SJ 567
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.