CS/CS/HB 631: Loan Originators, Mortgage Brokers, & Mortgage Lenders
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Workman
Loan Originators, Mortgage Brokers, & Mortgage Lenders; Authorizes OFR to conduct joint or concurrent examination of licensees; provides that violating specified rules is grounds for disciplinary action; provides for change in license status if specified licensees fail to meet certain requirements for annual license renewal by specified dates; provides guidelines for license renewal; deletes certain requirements regarding specified fees; deletes certain notice requirements; authorizes FSC to prescribe time period by which mortgage brokers & lenders must file report of condition; deletes certain disclosure & notice requirements; revises period during which mortgage lender may service loans in its own name; repeals provisions relating to arbitration, required disclosures by mortgage brokers receiving certain fees; repeals Florida Fair Lending Act & provisions relating to conditions for mortgage loans of specified amounts secured by vacant land.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1012 (Ch. 2014-91)
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 157
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 54
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 205
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 205
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/12/14, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -HJ 284
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 281
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 292
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 590
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 603
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 603
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 591
• Received -SJ 591
• Died in Banking and Insurance, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1012 (Ch. 2014-91)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.