CS/CS/HB 673: Financial Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee ; Broxson
Financial Institutions; Revises provisions relating to financial institutions & regulation by OFR; revises definitions & provisions relating to prohibited acts & practices by financial institutions; preempts regulation of certain financial institutions to state; permits local governments, DLA, & law enforcement to engage in certain proceedings; revises provisions relating to administrative fines & procedures; provides procedures to protect trade secrets; provides that provisions controlling money laundering also include terrorist financing; provides that financial institution is not liable in certain actions solely by virtue of extending loan; authorizes credit unions to pay health & accident insurance premiums & to fund employee benefit plans.
Last Action: 4/28/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1012 (Ch. 2014-91), CS/CS/SB 1278 (Ch. 2014-99) -HJ 804
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 58
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/19/14, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 159
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 159
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 58
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 215
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 212
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/10/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 542
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 533
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 545
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 766
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1012 -HJ 804
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1012 (Ch. 2014-91), CS/CS/SB 1278 (Ch. 2014-99) -HJ 804
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.