CS/SB 692: Engineers
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Stargel
Engineers; Revising requirements for membership on the Board of Professional Engineers; authorizing the professional and technical engineering societies to provide a list of qualified nominees for consideration as board member appointments; revising requirements for an engineer license applicant who fails the fundamentals examination; authorizing such applicant who is delayed in taking the examination by military service to have additional attempts to take the examination, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2014-125) -SJ 580
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 56
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Ethics and Elections -SJ 238
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/17/14, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 262
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/03/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 580
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 713 -SJ 580
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2014-125) -SJ 580
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.