HB 7009: Security for Public Deposits
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Moraitis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Mayfield
Security for Public Deposits; Revises collateral-pledging level for public deposits; repeals provisions relating to Qualified Public Depository Oversight Board; provides that notice of default or insolvency of qualified public depository is not required; requires information from nonqualified bank, savings bank, or savings association that acquires public depository by default or insolvency; revises notice requirements for public depositors; revises restrictions on loss protection provisions in certain circumstances in which public depositor fails to comply with notice requirements.
• Referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 120
• Introduced -HJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 204
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 204
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 355
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 375
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 375
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 377
• Received -SJ 377
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 533
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 533
• Substituted for CS/SB 564 -SJ 533
• Read 2nd time -SJ 533
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 611
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 611
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 779
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-145
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.