CS/HB 781: Legal Notices
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Powell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rooney
Legal Notices; Requires legal notices to be posted on newspaper's website on web pages with specified titles; prohibits charging fee or requiring registration for viewing online legal notices; establishing period for which legal notices are required to be published on statewide website; requires that legal notices be archived on statewide website for specified period; deletes provision relating to harmless error; clarifies payment provisions.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 67
• Introduced -HJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 365
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 359
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 403
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/04/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 475
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 475
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 565
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 581
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 524
• Received -SJ 524
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 604
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 604
• Substituted for CS/SB 834 -SJ 604
• Read 2nd time -SJ 604
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 647
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 647
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 779
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.