CS/SB 866: OGSR/Department of Health
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Health Policy
OGSR/Department of Health; Amending a provision which makes confidential and exempt certain information of a patient or patient’s agent, health care practitioner, and others held by the Department of Health; specifying that the Attorney General, health care regulatory boards, and law enforcement agencies may disclose certain confidential and exempt information to certain entities only if such information is relevant to an active investigation that prompted the request for the information; saving the exemption from repeal under the Open Government Sunset Review Act, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7177 (Ch. 2014-156) -SJ 609
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• SPB 7014 submitted as a committee bill (SB 866) by Health Policy
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 70
• Introduced -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/03/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 460
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 459
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 462
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 608
• Substituted HB 7177 -SJ 609
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7177 (Ch. 2014-156) -SJ 609
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.