SB 2-A: Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State
GENERAL BILL by Galvano
Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State; Revising the state's congressional districts; providing for the inclusion of unlisted territory in contiguous districts; providing for the inclusion of noncontiguous territory; providing that new counties become part of the congressional district in which the territory for such new county is located; providing for the election of representatives to the United States House of Representatives; providing that an appointment made pursuant to former district boundaries is unaffected by new district boundaries, etc.
- Reapportionment (RE)
• Referred to Reapportionment -SJ 2
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 08/08/14, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 2
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Reapportionment (726240); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 144
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 144
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 08/11/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 4
• Amendment(s) adopted (642398) -SJ 143
• Read 3rd time -SJ 143
• Passed as amended; YEAS 25 NAYS 12 -SJ 143
• Immediately certified -SJ 143
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 6
• Read 2nd time -HJ 6
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 6
• Passed; YEAS 71 NAYS 38 -HJ 7
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 144
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 144
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-255
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.