CS/CS/SB 524: Rental Agreements
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Soto
Rental Agreements; Providing that a purchaser takes title to a tenant-occupied residential property following a foreclosure sale subject to the rights of the tenant; specifying the rights of the tenant; authorizing a tenant to remain in possession of the property for 30 days following receipt of a written notice, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 779 (Ch. 2015-96) -SJ 598
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 66
• Introduced -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/17/15, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/24/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 258
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/07/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 372
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 374
• Now in Rules -SJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 429
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 779 -SJ 598
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 779 (Ch. 2015-96) -SJ 598
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.