CS/CS/HB 779: Rental Agreements
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Jones, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Rogers
Rental Agreements; Provides that purchaser taking title to tenant-occupied residential property following foreclosure sale takes title to property subject to rights of tenant; specifies rights of tenant; authorizes tenant to remain in possession of property for 30-days following receipt of written notice; prescribing form for 30-day notice of termination; establishing requirements for delivery of notice; authorizes purchaser to apply for writ of possession if tenant refuses to vacate property; provides exceptions; provides for construction.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 64
• Introduced -HJ 64
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/17/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 264
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 261
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 274
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/08/15, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 505
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 501
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 522
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 624
• Amendment(s) adopted (118237) -HJ 624
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 671
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 509
• Received -SJ 509
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 598
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 598
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 524 -SJ 598
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 626
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 626
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-96
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.