CS/CS/HB 1087: Operations of the Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Bileca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Diaz, J. ; Dudley
Operations of the Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Specifies that consumer representative appointed by Governor to corporation's board of governors is not prohibited from practicing in certain professions; authorizes use of certain policyholder information by private insurers in analyzing risks; prohibits use of information to directly solicit policyholders; requires policyholder, after date certain, to receive certain information related to demonstrations of interest by insurers; allows policyholder to elect to limit frequency of solicitations for take-out offers; provides circumstances under which policyholder whose policy was taken out to be considered renewal policyholder.
Last Action: 3/24/2016 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 90
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 191
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/25/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 330
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 324
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 343
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/01/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 444
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 444
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 544
• Amendment(s) adopted (198103) -HJ 545
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 573
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 573
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 451
• Received -SJ 451
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 669
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 669
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1006 -SJ 669
• Read 2nd time -SJ 669
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 699
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 699
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 914
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2015 Special Session A, 2015 Special Session B, 2015 Special Session C, 2016 Regular Session) -HJ 84
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.