CS/SB 1136: Title Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Hukill
Title Insurance; Revising procedures and requirements relating to the recovery of assessments from title insurers through surcharges assessed on policies; revising provisions relating to surcharges collected in excess of the assessments paid by title insurers; revising requirements for the payment of excess surcharges to the Insurance Regulatory Trust Fund; authorizing the Financial Services Commission and the Department of Financial Services to adopt rules for certain purposes, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 927 (Ch. 2015-154) -SJ 599
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 111
• Introduced -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 224
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Substituted CS/HB 927 -SJ 599
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 927 (Ch. 2015-154) -SJ 599
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.