SB 158: Civil Liability of Farmers
GENERAL BILL by Evers ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Latvala
Civil Liability of Farmers; Providing that an existing exemption from civil liability for farmers who gratuitously allow a person to enter upon their land for the purpose of removing farm produce or crops left in the field applies at any time, rather than only after harvesting; revising exceptions to the exemption, etc.
- Agriculture (AG)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Agriculture; Judiciary -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/03/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 43
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 192
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 219
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 245
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 245
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 583
• Received -HJ 583
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Substituted for HB 137 -HJ 623
• Read 2nd time -HJ 623
• Amendment(s) failed (666257) -HJ 623
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 669
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 669
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 517
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-38
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.