SB 176: Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Evers
Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms; Deleting a provision prohibiting concealed carry licensees from openly carrying a handgun or carrying a concealed weapon or firearm into a college or university facility, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Higher Education; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 158
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 158
• Introduced -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 03/16/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 191
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 191
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.