SB 180: School Safety
GENERAL BILL by Evers
School Safety; Permitting a school superintendent, with approval of the school board, to authorize a school safety designee to carry a concealed weapon or firearm on school property; requiring school boards to formulate policies and procedures for managing active-shooter and hostage situations; permitting district school boards to commission one or more school safety officers on each school campus, etc. APPROPRIATION: $157,927
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations -SJ 44
• Introduced -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/23/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 252
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/31/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/15/15, 5:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.