CS/HB 189: Insurance Guaranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Cummings
Insurance Guaranty Associations; Revises definition of term "asset" to include Florida Insurance Guaranty Association assessments for purposes of determining financial condition of insurer; transfers provision relating to obligation of Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association to pay valid claims.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/04/15, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 132
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 132
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 02/19/15, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 136
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 131
• Introduced -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/05/15, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 126
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 181
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 182
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/17/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 242
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 256
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 256
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Fiscal Policy -SJ 278
• Received -SJ 278
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Fiscal Policy -SJ 587
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 587
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 600 -SJ 587
• Read 2nd time -SJ 587
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 620
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 620
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 844
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-167
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.