CS/CS/HB 197: Tracking Devices or Tracking Applications
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Artiles ; Dudley ; Watson, C.
Tracking Devices or Tracking Applications; Prohibits installation of tracking device or tracking application without person's consent; creates presumption that consent is revoked upon initiation of specified proceedings; provides exceptions; provides that violations of prohibition on installation of tracking devices & tracking applications by private investigative, private security, & repossession services are grounds for disciplinary action, to which penalties apply.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/03/15, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 132
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee -HJ 131
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 03/03/15, 4:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 20
• Favorable by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 171
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 126
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 171
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/02/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 432
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 543
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 570
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 570
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Rules -SJ 443
• Received -SJ 443
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Rules -SJ 598
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 598
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 282 -SJ 599
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 626
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 626
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 844
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-137
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.