HB 257: Freight Logistics Zones
GENERAL BILL by Ray ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Van Zant
Freight Logistics Zones; Defines "freight logistics zone"; authorizes county or two or more contiguous counties to designate geographic area or areas within its jurisdiction as freight logistics zone; requires adoption of strategic plan which must include certain information; provides that certain projects within freight logistics zones may be eligible for priority in state funding & certain incentive programs; provides evaluation criteria for freight logistics zones.
• Referred to Transportation and Ports Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Ports Subcommittee, 02/03/15, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Ports Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 132
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 132
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/15, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 25
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 171
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 171
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/11/15, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 216
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/17/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 244
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 258
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 258
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 278
• Received -SJ 278
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 599
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 599
• Substituted for SB 956 -SJ 599
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 627
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 627
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 844
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-106
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.