CS/CS/SB 282: Tracking Devices or Tracking Applications
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Criminal Justice ; Hukill
Tracking Devices or Tracking Applications; Prohibiting the installation of a tracking device or tracking application without a person’s consent; providing that violations of the prohibition on installation of tracking devices or tracking applications by private investigative, private security, and repossession services are grounds for disciplinary action, to which penalties apply, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 197 (Ch. 2015-137) -SJ 598
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Rules -SJ 50
• Introduced -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/30/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 260
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 266
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Rules -SJ 348
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/08/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• Now in Rules -SJ 378
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 427
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 197 -SJ 598
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 197 (Ch. 2015-137) -SJ 598
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.