SB 456: Labor Pools
GENERAL BILL by Braynon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith
Labor Pools; Revising methods by which a labor pool is required to compensate day laborers; requiring a labor pool to provide certain notice before a day laborer’s first pay period; specifying requirements for a labor pool that selects to compensate a day laborer by payroll debit card; authorizing a labor pool to deliver a wage statement electronically upon request by the day laborer, etc.
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 158
• Introduced -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/10/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/19/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 226
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/24/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 251
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 300
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 432
• Received -HJ 432
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Substituted for HB 325 -HJ 464
• Read 2nd time -HJ 464
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 499
• Passed; YEAS 107 NAYS 4 -HJ 499
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 456
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-20
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.