CS/SB 476: Mental Health
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Grimsley
Mental Health; Adding a psychiatric nurse as a person at a receiving facility authorized to perform a required examination of certain patients; prohibiting the release of a patient from a receiving facility that is owned or operated by a hospital or health system without specified approvals; authorizing the release of a patient by a psychiatric nurse under certain circumstances; prohibiting a psychiatric nurse from releasing a patient if the involuntary examination was initiated by a psychiatrist without the psychiatrist’s approval, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 335 (Ch. 2015-111) -SJ 591
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 63
• Introduced -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/23/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 253
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 255
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Now in Rules -SJ 377
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 591
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 335 -SJ 591
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 335 (Ch. 2015-111) -SJ 591
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.