CS/SB 526: Notaries Public
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Grimsley
Notaries Public; Revising the methods available for verifying documents; defining the term “reliable electronic means”; authorizing specified officers to administer oaths by reliable electronic means when engaged in the performance of official duties, etc.
Last Action: 5/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-23
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/02/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 159
• Introduced -SJ 67
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 159
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 155
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/16/15, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/26/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 259
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 462
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 573
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 573
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 846
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Received -HJ 846
• Read 2nd time -HJ 862
• Substituted for CS/HB 523 -HJ 862
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 881
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 881
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 703
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-23
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.