HB 553: Public Libraries
GENERAL BILL by Perry
Public Libraries; Revises composition & duties of State Library Council; revises powers & duties of DOS' Division of Library & Information Services; requires division to coordinate with DOE's Division of Blind Services to provide certain services; authorizes division to issue electronic information; revises provisions regarding delivery & distribution of publications; requires specified entities in state government to designate state publications liaison; revises duties of division with respect to management of State Publications Program; removes provision requiring division to provide centralized microfilming program for state agencies.
• Referred to Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 47
• Introduced -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 03/18/15, 10:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 277
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/31/15, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/02/15, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 608
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 657
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 657
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 509
• Received -SJ 509
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 598
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 598
• Substituted for SB 434 -SJ 598
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 625
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 626
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-117
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.