CS/CS/HB 557: Florida Insurance Guaranty Association
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Raburn
Florida Insurance Guaranty Association; Defines term "assessment year"; revises provisions relating to levy of assessments on insurers by Florida Insurance Guaranty Association; specifies conditions under which such assessments are paid; revises procedures & timeframes for levying of assessments; revises provisions relating to assessments that are premium & not subject to premium tax; limits insurer's liability for uncollectible emergency assessments; deletes requirement to file final accounting report documenting recoupment; revises exemption for assessments; requires charges or recoupments to be displayed separately on premium statements to policyholders & prohibits their inclusion in rates.
Last Action: 4/24/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 836 (Ch. 2015-65) -HJ 824
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/03/15, 4:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 48
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 172
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 169
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 181
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 03/25/15, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 328
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 328
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/01/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 429
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 426
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 436
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/15
• Substituted CS/SB 836 -HJ 824
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 836 (Ch. 2015-65) -HJ 824
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.