CS/CS/SB 640: Vital Statistics
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Health Policy ; Detert
Vital Statistics; Authorizing the Department of Health to produce and maintain paper death certificates and fetal death certificates and issue burial-transit permits; requiring electronic filing of death and fetal death certificates with the department or local registrar on a prescribed form; authorizing the department, rather than the local registrar, to grant an extension of time for providing certain information regarding a death or a fetal death; requiring the department to electronically notify the United States Social Security Administration of deaths in the state, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 243 (Ch. 2015-105) -SJ 468
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 75
• Introduced -SJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/10/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 192
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 205
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 381
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 468
• Substituted CS/HB 243 -SJ 468
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 243 (Ch. 2015-105) -SJ 468
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.