CS/SB 686: Military Housing Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax ; Lee
Military Housing Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions; Providing that certain leasehold interests and improvements to land owned by the United States, a branch of the United States Armed Forces, or any agency or quasi-governmental agency of the United States are exempt from ad valorem taxation under specified circumstances; providing that such leasehold interests and improvements are entitled to an exemption from ad valorem taxation without an application being filed for the exemption or the property appraiser approving the exemption, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 361 (Ch. 2015-80) -SJ 614
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/04/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 79
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/23/15, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 253
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 255
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 600
• Read 2nd time -SJ 614
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 361 -SJ 614
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 361 (Ch. 2015-80) -SJ 614
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.