HB 7001: Interception of Wire, Oral, or Electronic Communication
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Trujillo ; Moskowitz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton
Interception of Wire, Oral, or Electronic Communication; Authorizing a child younger than 18 years of age to intercept and record an oral communication if the child is a party to the communication and certain conditions are met, etc.
• Referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 116
• Introduced -HJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/11/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 223
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 223
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/17/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 242
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 255
• Amendment(s) adopted (718297) -HJ 255
• Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 255
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 279
• Received -SJ 279
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 402
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 402
• Substituted for CS/SB 542 -SJ 402
• Read 2nd time -SJ 402
• Amendment(s) adopted (384216) -SJ 402
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 483
• Passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 0 -SJ 483
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (384216) -HJ 778
• Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 778
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 778
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-82
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.