CS/SB 7020: Corrections
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice
Corrections; Creating the Florida Corrections Commission within the Justice Administrative Commission; expanding the department’s security review committee functions; creating criminal penalties for employees who willfully or by culpable negligence withhold food and water and other essential services; requiring all nonreactionary use of force incidents using chemical agents be videotaped; providing for appropriations to the Corrections Commission, the Correctional Medical Authority, and the Department of Corrections, etc. APPROPRIATION: $8,094,257
Last Action: 4/29/2015 House - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/02/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/04/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 194
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 194
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/18/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 227
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/24/15
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 237
• Read 2nd time -SJ 248
• Amendment(s) adopted (187270, 469852, 611450, 636484, 680590, 891790, 923206) -SJ 248
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 250
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 299
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 300
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 679
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/15
• Received -HJ 678
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 7131 -HJ 831
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831
• Amendment(s) adopted (599547) -HJ 838
• Read 3rd time -HJ 838
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 838
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur, requested House to recede -SJ 782, 789
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.