CS/CS/HB 7037: School Choice
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Choice and Innovation Subcommittee ; Cortes, B. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles
School Choice; Revises provisions relating to charter school application, certain appeals, funding for & payments to charter schools, long-term charters, nonrenewal, termination, & closure of charter schools, financial statements, charter school representatives & public meetings, governing board residency requirements, high-performing charter schools, termination of virtual instruction provider contracts, capital outlay funding, & charter school professional development; authorizes charter school to defer opening & use of certain funds for educational purposes; establishes Florida Charter School Innovation Institute; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $3,374,420
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Bill Text: PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 167
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 237
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 234
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/19/15, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -HJ 286
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 284
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 283
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 312
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 336
• CS passed; YEAS 75 NAYS 35 -HJ 336
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 324
• Received -SJ 324
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.