CS/CS/HB 7047: Bundled Health Care Services
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Costello ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Renner
Bundled Health Care Services; Requires analysis of medical tourism for bundled health care services in Economic Development Programs Evaluation; requires EFI to collaborate with DEO to market state as health care destination; requires Division of Tourism Marketing to include in 4-year plan discussion of promotion of medical tourism for bundled health care services; provides plan requirements; specifies that direct primary care agreement does not constitute insurance & is not subject to Florida Insurance Code; specifies that entering into such agreement does not constitute business of insurance & is not subject to code; provides that certificate of authority is not required to market, sell, or offer to sell such agreement; specifies criteria for such agreement.
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died pending review of CS
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 168
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/18/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 278
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 274
• CS referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 294
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 294
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 03/31/15, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 522
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 519
• Died pending review of CS
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.