CS/CS/HB 747: Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Rooney ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Magar
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program; Delays initial award & renewal period for certain students; revises eligibility requirements for home education students; requires student, as prerequisite for Florida Academic Scholars award, Florida Medallion Scholars award, & Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars award, to identify social or civic issue or professional area of interest & develop plan for personal involvement in addressing issue or learning about area; prohibits student from receiving remuneration or academic credit for volunteer service work except in certain circumstances.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 61
• Introduced -HJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 03/18/15, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 277
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 271
• Original reference(s) removed: Education Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Education Committee -HJ 284
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/26/15, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 351
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 350
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 545
• Amendment(s) failed (885499) -HJ 545
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 573
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 1 -HJ 574
• In Messages
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 449
• Received -SJ 449
• Withdrawn from Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 692
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 692
• Substituted for CS/SB 960 -SJ 692
• Read 2nd time -SJ 692
• Read 3rd time -SJ 692
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 692
• Reconsidered -SJ 693
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 693
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.