CS/HB 749: Continuing Care Communities
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Van Zant ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Cummings
Continuing Care Communities; Revises requirements for continuing care contracts; revises authority of OIR to waive requirements for accredited facilities; provides that continuing care & continuing care at-home contracts are preferred claims subject to any secured claim in event of liquidation or receivership proceedings against provider; requires agent of provider to provide copy of examination report & corrective action plan under certain conditions; requires residents' council to provide forum for certain purposes; requires residents' council to adopt its own bylaws & governance documents; revises provisions relating to quarterly meetings between residents & governing body of provider; revises powers of residents' council; revises continuing care facility reporting requirements.
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 61
• Introduced -HJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 03/10/15, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 204
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/18/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 277
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 271
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/26/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 330
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 330
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 539
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 565
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 565
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 449
• Received -SJ 449
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 597
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 597
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1126 -SJ 597
• Read 2nd time -SJ 597
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 624
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 624
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-122
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.