CS/HB 897: Controlled Substances
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Ingram ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton
Controlled Substances; Adds certain substances to Schedule I list of controlled substances; reenacts provisions.
Last Action: 5/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-34
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 74
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 224
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 221
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 229
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/25/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 329
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 329
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/02/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 626
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 672
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 672
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 511
• Received -SJ 511
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 579
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 579
• Substituted for CS/SB 1098 -SJ 579
• Read 2nd time -SJ 579
• Read 3rd time -SJ 580
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 580
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 762
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-34
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.