HB 33-A: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Avila ; Cortes, B. ; Metz
Taxation; Reducing the tax rates applied to the sale of communications services and the retail sale of direct-to-home satellite services; exempting from the sales and use tax admissions to and membership fees for gun clubs; revising eligibility requirements for certain research and development tax credits for certain business enterprises; providing an exemption from the sales and use tax for the retail sale of certain clothes, school supplies, and personal computers and personal computer-related accessories during a specified period, etc. APPROPRIATION: $277,790
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 11
• Introduced -HJ 10
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 06/04/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 72
• Amendment(s) adopted (412735) -HJ 82
• Amendment(s) failed (664773) -HJ 83
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 89
• Passed as amended; YEAS 97 NAYS 10 -HJ 89
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 22
• Received -SJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 06/11/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Appropriations (252976); YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -SJ 37
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 37
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 06/12/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 25
• Amendment(s) adopted (807672) -SJ 26
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 40
• Passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 2 -SJ 41
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 107
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (807672) -HJ 119
• Passed as amended; YEAS 91 NAYS 2 -HJ 119
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 119
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 119
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-221
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.