HB 995: Local Government Infrastructure Surtax
GENERAL BILL by Mayfield
Local Government Infrastructure Surtax; Authorizes county to levy discretionary sales surtax to fund certain capital projects to restore natural water bodies for public use under certain circumstnaces; authorizes proceeds & interest from surtax to be used for certain dredging operations.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Finance and Tax Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 85
• Introduced -HJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 289
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 289
• Died in Finance and Tax Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.