HB 1021: Award of Attorney Fees in Public Records Enforcement Actions
GENERAL BILL by Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgess ; Cortes, B. ; Hager ; Van Zant ; Williams
Award of Attorney Fees in Public Records Enforcement Actions; Revises conditions under which award of attorney fees is authorized in certain civil actions for enforcement of chapter 119, F.S.; provides that award of such attorney fees is within discretion of court.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in State Affairs Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 87
• Introduced -HJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/20/16, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 243
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 365
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 365
• Died in State Affairs Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.