CS/HB 1087: Protection of Motor Vehicle Dealers' Consumer Data
GENERAL BILL by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee ; Rooney ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Protection of Motor Vehicle Dealers' Consumer Data; Requires that licensee or third party comply with certain restrictions on reuse or disclosure of consumer data received from motor vehicle dealer, that upon request of motor vehicle dealer, licensee provide list of consumer data obtained & all persons to whom data has been disclosed, & that licensee indemnify motor vehicle dealer for certain claims or damages.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 231 (Ch. 2016-77)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 93
• Referred to Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 200
• On Committee agenda-- Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 116 Knott Building
• CS by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 385
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 381
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 394
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/10/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 437
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/18/16, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 508
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 231 (Ch. 2016-77)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.