HB 1171: Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
GENERAL BILL by Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Van Zant
Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children; Provides for payment of annual dues for Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children & future repeal of sections relating to compact; abrogates 2016 repeal of sections relating to compact.
Last Action: 2/17/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7016 (Ch. 2016-34) -HJ 466
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 98
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 201
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/16, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 323
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 400
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 400
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Substituted SB 7016 -HJ 466
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7016 (Ch. 2016-34) -HJ 466
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.