CS/SB 122: Compensation of Victims of Wrongful Incarceration
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Joyner ; Bradley
Compensation of Victims of Wrongful Incarceration; Providing that a person is disqualified from receiving compensation under the Victims of Wrongful Incarceration Compensation Act if, before or during the person’s wrongful conviction and incarceration, the person was convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to any violent felony, or was serving a concurrent sentence for another felony; providing that a wrongfully incarcerated person who commits a violent felony, rather than a felony law violation, which results in revocation of parole or community supervision is ineligible for compensation, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/02/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 127
• Introduced -SJ 12
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/20/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 238
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 402
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 537
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 640
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 640
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.